test results on NT4.0

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Fri Aug 28 09:12:09 PDT 1998

>  using kaffe-snap from the 24/08/98.

The comment I'm making below refer to the current CVS repository.

> change all .c files so that the #include "system.h" can find the correct
> system.h at ../../../include/system.h

 Hmmm, I thought that was done Aug 19.  But apparently only partially.
I also fixed native/*Object*.c now.  That should fix that.

> remove reference to tcp.h from
> E:\kaffe-snap\libraries\clib\net\PlainSocketImpl.c

 I made this a configure option.

> cp ./libraries/clib/math/libmath.def
> ./libraries/clib/management/libmanagement.def

These two files are already existent and identical.
Are you sure about that? Or did they somehow not make it into the
snapshot?

> Move contents of config/i386/win32/cygnus to config/i386/cygwin32
> Change host_os in config/i386/cygwin32/config.frag to cygwin32

 Did that.

> ran ./configure --with-staticlib --with-engine=intrp
> --with-threads=unix-internal

 staticlib is hardwired in config.frag, so it shouldn't be necessary
to give.  What about the jit?

> I've since built with jthreads ... my application complains as it did
> before:
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: java/net/Socket.setSoTimeout(I)V

Rob told me that was a CLASSPATH screw-up.  Petter Reinholdsen provided
a fix for that on Aug 2.  Make sure you use an up-to-date Klasses.jar.
As of now, the one that's in CVS is up-to-date.

	- Godmar