Kaffe-WinNT4.0 - Dynamic Library Problems...

Colyar, Michael A michael.a.colyar at intel.com
Mon Aug 31 10:03:00 PDT 1998

     All:

     I'm having difficulty running the tests after succesful (finally)
     compilation of Kaffe.exe under Windows NT 4.0 SP3.

     I configured as follows:

     configure --with-staticlib --with-engine=intrp
     --with-threads=unix-internal

     I built the kaffe tree after fixing up makefiles, header files, etc.

     After I got kaffe.exe compiled, I attempted to run it using " make
     test". It then throws a dialog box telling me that "The application or
     DLL libkaffevm.a is not a valid NT image. Please check this against
     your installation diskette".

     I thought the --with-staticlib option would disable shared library
     dependencies.

     Has anyone seen this problem?

     Thanks,
     Mike

     "I don't speak for Intel, and Intel rarely speaks for me"