Problems...

François-Denis Gonthier francoig at globetrotter.net
Fri Dec 11 22:05:08 PST 1998

Hi everybody...

    I've got some problem with the last snap shot of Kaffe
(Kaffe-snap.tar.gz).  When I try to run ICQ Java in Linux (I was very happoy
at the idea of running it), I get this error message:

    /usr/local/bin/Kaffe: can't resolve symbol "DGifOpenFileHandle"

    I have the same problem with some demos in the JDK suite and I've had
this problem with Kaffe 1.0 b3 also, but not with earlier versions.  This
sounds like another lib problem... And I'm quite sure I'm using the right
version of the Kaffe libs, even if it was moved again on beta 3.

    Anyone have and idea ?

François-Denis Gonthier