kaffe-1.0.b3 regression dispatchException error on NT4 / CYGWIN

Jim Flowers flowers at aligninc.com
Fri Dec 18 08:35:31 PST 1998

I can't get kaffe-1.0.b3 to run the regression tests on NT4 / CYGWIN
after a successful make (no options)--not even HelloWorldApp.

Here's a trace:
bash-2.02$ make test
*** Running tests
error running
  Should have got:
Hello World!
  But got instead:
Hello World!
HelloWorldApp ... error compiling
It's not ThreadDeath, and there's no exception handler.
 This is something I cannot handle.
TestIntLong ... error compiling
It's not ThreadDeath, and there's no exception handler.
 This is something I cannot handle.

...[others deleted]

I copied HelloWorldApp.class.save to .class and tried
again:

bash-2.02$ kaffe HelloWorldApp
It's not ThreadDeath, and there's no exception handler.
 This is something I cannot handle.
bash-2.02$ java HelloWorldApp

The message is coming from kaffe/kaffevm/exception.c in
dispatchException()--apparently a java/lang/NoSuchMethodError
is being thrown which it can't handle.

I'll continue poking around, but does anyone have an idea what's
going on, or where to start looking?

Jim Flowers / Align Inc.
flowers at aligninc.com