Solaris: Good News / Bad News

Ron Searls rsearls at conley.com
Thu Dec 3 05:41:45 PST 1998

(btw: Thanks for the zip tip!)

The Good News:

It appears that simply remaking the Klasses.jar file (I'm using Nov. 17
kaffe-snap) and installing it fixes the problem with the weird window
variables in Solaris (I'm using 2.5.1/CDE).  I can now run a frame test
program which creates a properly sized window, and I can run test apps
which look more or less normal.

The Bad News:

There are still problems.  The applications I'm using as tests, FingerD and
CatalogViewer (downloaded from the net) still seem to get confused about
where the mouse is and where window elements should be drawn.

Ron