Kiev & out-of-memory

Parmelan, Edouard EP510777 at exchange.FRANCE.NCR.com
Tue Dec 8 06:33:10 PST 1998

Maxim,

> Latest kaffe snapshot I've downloaded this night failed to compiler
kiev...
> RedHat 5.1 Linux.
This is may be due to java.lang.Integer and java.lang.Long toXXXString()
methods that are buggies since TVT Merge. [patch follow]

> First, _a_lot_ of messages like "bcurr->flags", then assertion failed
> on "attempt to reenter verifyer". BTW, verifyer? Does kaffe has it?
Messages like:
  kiev/Compiler.run([Ljava/lang/String;)V pc 166 bcurr->flags 0x0121
are due to unreachable basic blocks, such basic blocks are safety ignored
by JIT translation since Fri, 16 Oct 1998.

Kiev generate unreachable basic blocks like this lines extracted from
kiev.Compiler.run(String[]):
    aastore
    goto Label75
    goto Label13		<- this is pc 166 and it's unreachable
Label11:
    aload_0

I can't reproduce the assert on "attempt to reenter verifyer" with
kiev008.jar and kaffe kiev.Main -v -gc 32768 -d .. $(find . -name '*.java')

Edouard.
----
 <<kaffe-toXXXString.patch>>