Kaffe 1.0b3 performances...

Maxim Kizub max at immsp.kiev.ua
Fri Dec 11 08:19:13 PST 1998

>Hi all,
>
>i've just downloaded & compiled kaffe 1.0b3 on Linux & Nt and i've run a
>
>few benchmarks on NT.
>I found that kaffe is slower than sun's jdk 1.1.7 & 1.2 and microsoft
>jview 3.1.
>Does that confirm what other have found or did i do something wrong ?
>
>Thanks for your comments.

I think, this is what you may expect.
The problem, IMHO, is that big companies spend millions and
millions dollars on JIT compiler... They are very advanced.

The usage of kaffe, I think, are platforms that are not supported
by those big companies... And, if kaffe team will decide to put
hands on - moving far in extending java. For example,
adding support for tail-recursion calls may greatly help in
lisp/prolog to bytecode compilers, or support for
work-by-contract offered by kiev compiler may help in
creating high-quality environment for programmers and so on.

Regards
  Maxim Kizub