Kaffe UVM

Archie Cobbs archie at whistle.com
Sun Dec 13 22:06:02 PST 1998

Maxim Kizub writes:
> Are there any rumors about making Kaffe to be a jitted UVM (Universal
> Virtual Machine)? I mean, to be able jit and run java/smalltalk/lisp/etc. ?

Can you give more explanation about what you mean? Are you talking
about JIT'ing something other than Java bytecode?

If so one would like to think that the Kaffe source is sufficiently
modular that this could be done by adding another source directory,
a configure --with-engine=SMALLTALKJIT, etc.

I don't know if that's true or not off hand, however :-)

-Archie