kaffe-0.9.2 SIGSEGV on openbsd2.2-x86pc

Mark Evenson evenson at panix.com
Fri Feb 20 08:55:03 PST 1998

I would like to get kaffe-0.9.2 running under OpenBSD/x86pc, but seem to
be stymied by some sort of SIGSEGV caused by the Kaffe thread scheduler
implementation.

Attached is a SIGSEGV received by an attached GDB.  Essentially it seems
like the current frame is trashed on entry into the reschedule call.

kaffe-0.8.4 works fine on this system, but I need Java 1.1 for my
projects.  I have compiled statically, looked over the patches on
'rufus.w3.org', and compared with the patches being distributed in the
NetBSD port.  Nothing seems to effect the SIGSEGV behavior.

Any and all help would be appreceiated, especially other individuals in
the {Free,Net,Open}BSD community who can point me to more information.

In general, if someone could post a brief summary to this list what the
status of a "next" Kaffe release might be, I would be extremely grateful.
There seem to be more than enough patches for a kaffe-0.9.3 to go out,
especially if you wanted 'java.lang.reflect' to work.

Thanks for any and all help.

Mark <evenson at panix.com>

-----------------------
OpenBSD 2.2 on a K6 AMD
-----------------------
Current directory is ~/
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
 under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.11 (i386-openbsd), Copyright 1993 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
(gdb) cd work/kaffe-0.9.2
Working directory /export/home/realtime/work/kaffe-0.9.2.
(gdb) ls
Undefined command: "ls".  Try "help".
(gdb) run sun.tool.javac.Main HelloWorldApp.java
Starting program: /home/realtime/KAFFEROOT/bin/kaffe sun.tool.javac.Main HelloWorldApp.java
resumeThread 277a0
createDaemon finaliser
resumeThread 27960
suspendOnQThread 27960 27908 (0)

Program received signal SIGSEGV (11), Segmentation fault
0x400224d3 in reschedule () at thread-internal.c:512
Source file is more recent than executable.
(gdb) where
#0  0x400224d3 in reschedule () at thread-internal.c:512
(gdb) print blockInts
Error accessing memory address 0x0: Operation not permitted.
(gdb) print b
$1 = -272639420
(gdb)