Installation pb

Tardis tardis at mygale.org
Mon Jan 26 16:08:10 PST 1998

Hello !

I'm trying to install kaffe-0.9.2 on my Linux 2.0 system.

I untared the kaffe package files, the javasoft package and bissnet
package,

I have done the following :
- ./configure
- make
- make install

in my .bash_profile, I have set :
CLASSPATH=./usr/local/share/kaffe/classes.zip:/usr/local/share/kaffe/bis
s.zip
KAFFEHOME=/usr/local/share/kaffe
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/lib:LD_LIBRARY_PATH
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:LD_LIBRARY_PATH
PATH=/usr/local/bin:$PATH
export CLASSPATH KAFFEHOME
export QTDIR PATH MANPATH LD_LIBRARY_PATH LIBRARY_PATH

When I go into the /test directory and type
javac HelloWorldApp.java
I get :
Cannot find essential class 'java/lang/Object' in class library ...
aborting.

I have a similar message when trying to use javac (a script lauching
kaffe).

What's wrong ?

TARDIS - tardis at mygale.org