Problems with Kaffe on BSDI 2.1

Bryan Felix felix at rapidaxcess.com
Tue Jan 13 09:05:12 PST 1998

At 10:29 AM 1/13/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I have (seemingly) gotten a clean compile and install of kaffe 0.9.2 on
>BSDI 2.1.  I have set my environment variables and all that.  Here is
>what is now happening when I run the test program.
>
>v:~/kaffe-0.9.2/test  kaffe HelloWorldApp
>longjmp environment no longer available
>Abort trap (core dumped)

Ryan,
I would like to let you know that I have tried EVERY release of Kaffe, most
of them more that once, on BSDI 2.1 & BSDI 3.0. I have NOT gotten any of
them to run successfully! There are some quirks to getting it setup to begin
with, most answers to this can be found at the mailing list archives. But
once all these were straightened out, the final outcome was at best a
hanging app or usually a Java.Lang....something...Error.
If you have ANY better luck, PLEASE let me know. Meanwhile, I watch the list
like a hawk waiting for a release or patch that will enable Kaffe to run in
a stable manner on BSDI.

Sorry,
Bryan Felix