kaffe bug?

Thomas Hadig hadig at toots.physik.rwth-aachen.de
Wed Jan 21 01:19:37 PST 1998

I submitted the same bug in this mailing list and to sun (and got the same
answer). My test example (using arraays of strings) compiles fine using
jdk 1.1.x.

> When I compile this (obviously broken) program:
>
>   public class Foo {
>     char[] x = new char[] = { ':' };
>   }
[...]
> I filed a bug report with Sun but they were not able to duplicate
> this under JDK 1.1.3... so it may be a bug in kaffe itself.
>
> Can someone else confirm that they don't get this crash under JDK?
> In which case it must be a kaffe bug (in which case I'm reporting it
> here).
>
> This is with the current FreeBSD port of kaffe under FreeBSD 2.2.5.
>
> Thanks,
> -Archie

Ciao
Thomas

Thomas Hadig, Ottensen, Donnerstr. 20, D-22763 Hamburg   (++49 40 39901186)
  office : I. Phys. Institut AAC, Room 1c354, Notkestr. 85, D-22603 Hamburg
           hadig at rwth-aachen.de                      Tel. ++49 40 8998 2312
http://www-h1.desy.de/~hadig/                        FAX  ++49 40 8998 4385