getClassLoader()

Godmar Back kaffe@rufus.w3.org
Thu, 30 Jul 1998 20:39:59 -0600 (MDT)

 Hi Vijay,

did you implement your proposed solution in any JVM?
If not, have you considered implementing it in Kaffe?
How do the two schemes compare in implementation complexity?
Could your scheme be made (ClassLoader) API compatible with 1.2's
scheme?  We will have to fix class loaders in Kaffe at some point...

Liang&Bracha state that your model would in their view violate the
expectations user might have with regard to overloading, i.e., they claim
it's better to fail than to execute code that wasn't meant to be executed.
Do they have a point?

	- Godmar