jar.c

Nathan Lutchansky Nathan_Lutchansky at legis.state.ak.us
Thu Jul 2 15:33:28 PDT 1998

Cygnus does that pain-in-the-neck translation with text/binary files.
Most UNIX systems don't support the O_BINARY flag, so this is probably
something that should go into the config script.  If this is patched into
the source distribution, the rest of the code needs to be checked for any
open()s that need to be changed also.  Of course, this may screw up any
classes/functions that expect only a newline at the end of each line.  Is
this an issue in the java.io.* classes?  -Nathan