Which platform kaffe works? (was: Re: Kaffe 1.0.b1 install fails on Alpha Linux)

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Wed Jul 15 08:58:37 PDT 1998

Alexandre Oliva <oliva at dcc.unicamp.br> writes:
>This macro is not properly defined for alpha.  Release 0.10.0 of Kaffe

Oh!
Then, sysdepCallMethod is only properly defined for i386 or sparc.
In my opinion, Transvirtual shall be more honest not to advertise,
'Kaffe works fine for so many different types of CPU'. I agree,
the kaffe in nature is designed well for portability across
different types of cpu or os, but it is also important to tell
user 'what current version can not do'.

If Transvirtual can not provide information like 'on which machine,
kaffe is currently works' list, I can provide space on my web page.

Any idea?

BTW, 1.0.0 works (with some problems) on sparc/sunos4 but not on
sparc/solaris2. It is so long ago, when I saw some program works
fine for sunos4 but not for solaris2 ;-)

Kiyo, as a heavy SunOS4 user.