Redhat 5.1 and kaffe

Christopher X. Candreva chris at westnet.com
Tue Jul 21 13:22:15 PDT 1998

On 21 Jul 1998, Alexandre Oliva wrote:

> It seems to me that the dynamic linker is broken on SunOS 4.1.3...
> You may have more luck if you try GNU dld instead of the standard
> dlopen...  I'll give it a try...

Hmm -- looks like it is actually using GNU ld 2.8 -- I'll have to see what
dld does instead.

For completeness, config.log shows the following libraries not found, though
it compiles. Are any necessary ?

grep cannot config.log:

/usr/local/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.3/bin/ld: cannot open -lgmp: No such file or directory
/usr/local/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.3/bin/ld: cannot open -lsocket: No such file or directory
/usr/local/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.3/bin/ld: cannot open -lgmp: No such file or directory
/usr/local/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.3/bin/ld: cannot open -lipc: No such file or directory
/usr/local/sparc-sun-sunos4.1.3/bin/ld: cannot open -ldir: No such file or directory