First Impression and Bugs for Kaffe 1.0.1b

Archie Cobbs archie at whistle.com
Tue Jul 21 16:05:19 PDT 1998

Wolfgang Mües writes:
> Bug #2:  Kaffe did not work on my machine without a CLASSPATH set to
> /usr/local/share/kaffe/Klasses.jar.

If CLASSPATH is not set, kaffe will append /usr/local/share/kaffe/*.[zip,jar]
However if it IS set, kaffe doesn't do this. This seems to be intentional.

IMHO, this is broken, it should always append these files.
Then we can just say "dump all your jar and zip files into
/usr/local/share/kaffe" and be done with it.

> This is all for today.... question: is it ok to post bug fixes to the mailing
> list or should I mail them to another address?

I use report-kaffe-bug AND mail them to the list... the first so they
are properly registered, and the second so everyone can see them.

-Archie