Clean build of kaffe-snap on Solaris?

John Gibbons johng at zip.com.au
Sun Jul 26 23:27:06 PDT 1998

Has anyone managed to build the current kaffe-snap on Solaris? I am using
Solaris 2.4 and have patched the FileInputStream.c codeas suggested in a

Initially I got a FIOASYNC problem as Solaris reports FIOASYNC on an
inappropriate device as ENOTTY not ENXIO. When I patched this some of
the tests work but the awt/WidgetsDemo and a number of others die with
an Illegal instruction error. A backtrace under GDB lists callMethodV as
the last named routine with a number of unnamed routines (presumably JIT)
following.

Any help would be appreciated.

John