Undefined symbol _java_lang_UNIXProcess_forkAndExec referenced

Raffaele Sena raff at aromatic.com
Wed Jul 29 02:46:41 PDT 1998

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Patrick Debois wrote:

> I'm building the kaffe 1.01b1 on a BSD3.1/I386.
>
> when doing the compile i get the following errors (see bottom). I've
> installed the libjpeg(ftp.uu.net/jpegsrc.v6b.tar.gz) to work out the
> jpeg errors but it has no effect. Using 'ar' the functions enclosed do
> not match the jpeg errors. Any clue?
> Please reply by mail also as i am an occasional kaffe user.
>
> Patrick Debois

	If you are using the original 1.0b1 and building a static
	executable, I believe the UNIXProcess native methods (or
	some of them) werent exported.

	Also, the regular configure had trouble in locating the jpeg
	libraries.

	You could try the daily snapshot where these problems have
	been fixed.

	...Actually didn't somebody posted a note just yesterday about
	BSD386 not finding the JPEG library ? - if that's the case
	you may have to specify the path for your jpeg library by
	running configure with
	"--x-libraries=/usr/X11/lib -L<path-to-libjpeg> -ljpeg"
	And make sure the script returns a message saying the library
	has been found.

-- Raffaele