Kaffe, Swing, and NetBeans...

Ryan Heise rheise at socs.uts.EDU.AU
Wed Jul 29 20:39:53 PDT 1998

On Wed, 29 Jul 1998, Jim White wrote:

: The greater concern should be in Swing's license which disallows
: redistributing Swing with applications or applets which contains additional
: software "intended" to "replace" any of Swing components (paragraph 1
: clause ii).

At least we can still use software that replaces parts of swing, we just
can't distribute Swing with that piece of software. The user would have
to download it separately. Maybe this will do for the moment, until
someone writes GNU Swing...

Ryan Heise                             http://www.progsoc.uts.edu.au/~rheise/