Thread problems

Archie Cobbs archie at whistle.com
Fri Jul 31 12:13:33 PDT 1998

I'm now seeing a situation where one thread is calling notifyAll(),
but another thread that is already wait()'ing on the same object is
(sometimes) not being woken up.

I also once got (with the same program) a NullPointerException on this line:

  Thread.currentThread().yield();

So there seems to be some kind of race condition, etc. in the locking code.
I'll try to get more info, but in the meantime, I put

  #define DEBUG 1

into config.h, but all that -vmdebug ALL does is show JIT compilation.
How can I get more thread/lock debugging info printed out? Where is
the best place to #define DEBUG?

Thanks,
-Archie