Problems to compile kaffe0.10.0 on a Linux(SUSE5.2) platform...

Takashi Suezawa suezawa at ifi.unizh.ch
Thu Jul 2 00:56:52 PDT 1998

Thank you for your piece of advice, but I have still  the same problem
with version 0.10.x. I have tried to do compile version 0.9.2 and it
worked.

Have you heard of someone else having the same problem with compiling and
installing kaffe 0.10.x on an suse-linux distribution?

Thank you for your help.

-takashi

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998, Godmar Back wrote:

> The problem was that Kaffe's configure did not check for the presence
> of libz in its configure.  This has been fixed since.
>
> What you really want, however, is to install libz on your machine.
> Check the installation instructions that came with your Linux distribution
> on how to do that.
>
> 	- Godmar

| Takashi Suezawa                  |  phone: +41-1-63 56725 (ifi)    |
| Department of Computer Science   |                                 |
| (Institut fuer Informatik)       |  fax:   +41-1-635 6809 (ifi)    |
| University of Zurich             |                                 |
| Winterthurerstr. 190             |  email:  suezawa at ifi.unizh.ch   |
| CH-8057 Zurich                   |                                 |