(fwd) Help needed for linux m68k port

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Thu Jul 9 08:13:14 PDT 1998

"Remi Perrot" <r_perrot at mail.club-internet.fr> wrote,
>Now the bad news:
>the following test don't pass
>
>        ttest

Still I did not get any hints for this problem, I tried to
see what happens by comparing sparc/sunos and m68k/sunos.

The debug output of the port for sparc/sunos is,
	Call: java/lang/ThreadGroup.add(Ljava/lang/Thread;)V.
	000: ALOAD_0
	000: ALOAD_1
	000: ALOAD_2
	000: ALOAD_3
	001: ASTORE_2
	001: ASTORE_3
	002: ALOAD_2
	002: ALOAD_3
	003: MONITORENTER
	004: ALOAD_0
	004: ALOAD_1
	004: ALOAD_2
	004: ALOAD_3
	005: GETFIELD
On the other hand, m68k/sunos's is
	Call: java/lang/ThreadGroup.add(Ljava/lang/Thread;)V.
	000: ALOAD_0
	000: ALOAD_1
	000: ALOAD_2
	000: ALOAD_3
	001: ASTORE_2
	001: ASTORE_3
	002: ALOAD_2
	002: ALOAD_3
	Call: java/lang/NullPointerException.<init>()V.

These are the very begining of instruction traces for 'ttest'
program and I hope I can figure out what happens this weekend.
But of course, if someone else can comment why it can happen
earlier, it is very happy for me.

Kiyo