jar.c

Per Bothner bothner at cygnus.com
Thu Jul 9 14:58:25 PDT 1998

> Personally, I would have make
> binary the default and had a flag for text,

Personally, I would not do translation at all.  That should be handled
by higher levels (stdio).  If you want to use open/read etc on
text files, it is easy to handle CR vs LF vs CRLF while lexing.

> but I suppose that would be
> contrary to the ANSI C specs (at least for fopen).

Text has to be the default for fopen.  However, ANSI does
not mention open/read.  Making binary the default for open/read
does not conflict with making text the default for fopen.

	--Per Bothner
Cygnus Solutions     bothner at cygnus.com     http://www.cygnus.com/~bothner