trouble with Kaffe + ICQJava under Linux

Nathan Lutchansky Nathan_Lutchansky at legis.state.ak.us
Wed Jul 15 10:13:50 PDT 1998

Roger,

It looks like ICQ is trying to use classes specific to Sun's Java
implementation.  Including the classes.zip file in your CLASSPATH won't
help because the classes are dependent upon native code in the Sun JVM.
Judging by the name of the class (sun.audio.AudioPlayer), you may be able
to work around this if there is a way to disable the audio functions of
the ICQ client.  Alternatively, you may be able to dummy up a
sun.audio.AudioPlayer class that contains stub functions, but I don't know
how feasible this is.  -Nathan