Kaffe-1.0.b1 for SunOS4 (was: Re: Which platform kaffe works?)

Kiyo Inaba inaba at src.ricoh.co.jp
Thu Jul 23 02:00:53 PDT 1998

>have something to do with missing patches or such.  I don't care so
>much about kaffe on SunOS 4.1.3 for doing any further investigation...

I understand.

>On SunOS 4.1.3, Sun ld will create a libkaffevm.so that it won't be
>able to link in order to create Kaffe.  OTOH, with GNU binutils
>2.9.1's ld, I'm able to link Kaffe, but it will core dump when
>dlopening this library :-(

Similar thing happens while I try to make Kaffe on m68k-sunos4.1.1.
In this case, if I use GNU's ld, I got error (mmap bss something)
when I invoke Kaffe. But when I use sun's ld everything ok. That's
why I left this problem.

The only drawback is that I can not use cross compiling environment
enymore...

Anyway, we have source files for ld.so in BSD-4.4-lite tree and
when I have time I'd like to check the mystery.

Kiyo
~p