Aout Success !!!

Michael Koehne kraehe at bakunin.north.de
Fri Jul 24 19:30:14 PDT 1998

Hy folks,

	I now have Kaffe 1.0.b1 on i486-bakunin-linuxaout up and running.

	Currently --with-staticlib, but I think I'll find the DLD problems
	within the next days. I have kaffe092+biss094 dynamicaly linked with
	gnu DLD, but it looks as if some semantics in kaffe/kaffevm/external.c
	changed, so I have to rework this side.

	BTW: I have an unusual homestation. A linux box serving the modem
	in the wall closed, and a Sun3/50 as a proud on the desk. WidgetsDemo
	is displaying mostly white/on/white with this environment, so I will
	also try my best on libraries/clib/awt/X at the next spare night ;-)

	So " lets get organised " :

	- I would need somebody who likes to explain cvs/kaffe in short.
	  I have cvs/rcs compiled and installed, but never worked with it
	  before.

	Just a last word : the new awt show similar bugs as the biss one :

	Its necessary to comment preferredSize out, and it fails to run
	this simple class. Perhaps some people remember it from sawt.
import java.awt.*;

public class AwtHello
{
	public static void main (String args[]) {
		Frame f = new Frame("Hello");
		TextField t = new TextField ("Salut c'est Kraehe.");
		f.add(t);
		f.pack();

	/*	f.resize(f.preferredSize()); */

		f.show ();
	}
}
X error:      BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
  request:    X_CreateWindow
  resource:   0
X error:      BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  request:    X_ChangeProperty
  resource:   380000B
X error:      BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  request:    X_ChangeProperty
  resource:   380000B
X error:      BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  request:    X_MapWindow
  resource:   380000B
X error:      BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
  request:    X_GetProperty
  resource:   380000B