jar.c

Charlie McDowell charlie at cse.ucsc.edu
Tue Jun 30 13:43:10 PDT 1998

I'm trying to debug 10.1 on NT. Where can I find out the format of the
classes.zip file? There appears to be some problem reading it. The
internal checks such as for CENTRALHEADSIGNATURE and CENTRALENDSIGNATURE
are succeeding but the is a problem with readCentralDirRecord. The file
names are always the empty string and the aren't enough of them, at least
the loop in openJarFile is hitting a null. The file count I'm getting
(1667) does
not match the number of files I see when opening the classes.zip file with
a zip utility (1576). I get similar problems using classes.zip from
JDK1.1.5 for windows and JDK1.1.3 for Solaris. The only difference is the
initial file count varies slightly (1657 for 1.1.5).

Charlie