Problem running Java classes

Dan McGuirk mcguirk at indirect.com
Thu May 21 13:35:57 PDT 1998

On Thu, 21 May 1998, Peter Schuller wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm new to Kaffe and to the list, and here's my first question :)
>
> I'm on Linux 2.0.30, and whenever I try to run a Java class
> with kaffe I get:
>
> java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: initializeSystemClass
>
> Does anyone know what I might have done wrong?

There is some confusion because some versions of Sun's classes.zip contain
a method System.initializeSystemClass that the VM must call on startup,
but some other versions don't have this method.  There was a patch posted
to the list about a week ago that fixes this--I think you should be able
to find it in the mailing list archive.

Hope this helps...