Problems in building Kaffe-1.0.b with static libraries

Danny Hendler dannyh at taux01.nsc.com
Thu Nov 12 00:59:01 PST 1998

Godmar,

I'm building Kaffe-1.0.b on Sparc, with Suons 4.1.4, using
gmake3.6.2 with the default ld and ar tools which come
with this version of Sunos.

The default (with dynamic libraries) build goes o.k., but build
with the --with_static_lib option fails, with numerous link
errors about unresolved AWT functions.

I'm not sure if this is related, but just before this I'm getting
a linker warning about libawt.a, that it has no table of
contents, and it recommends running ranlib. I did so, but
the warning persists.

Thanks for any help,

Danny.