kaffe compatibility with jdk

peter at transvirtual.com peter at transvirtual.com
Tue Nov 17 22:18:23 PST 1998

On Wed, 18 Nov 1998, alice dubois wrote:
>Kaffe can't compile some programs because methods or variables are not
>found. ( For example method action(...) or variables target, id,
>WINDOW_DESTROY, ...  ) Some of them are in java/awt/Event.java of the jdk
>1.1.6 but this class is empty in kaffe.
>
>Why is the class Event.java deprecated in kaffe ?

For a while, we thought that we might get along without all that bloating 1.0.2
stuff (assuming that the "deprecated" meaning was "to be vanishing soon") . We
don't think this anymore, and you can expect the old event model in the next
beta (don't ask me if I like to see a clean system proliferated because of
"somewhat-deprecated" compatibility).

-- Peter