Kaffe's JIT mechanism description

Raffaele Sena raff at aromatic.com
Wed Nov 11 02:30:39 PST 1998

On Wed, 11 Nov 1998 peter at transvirtual.com wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Nov 1998, Raffaele Sena wrote:
> >	BTW, Peter, the slide I was referring was a different one.
> >	It was an image you had on your computer, and if I remember
> >	well it was showing some real code from machine.c.
>
> I think this was about trampolines? I've added this one as JIT(5), so please
> scan through the whole JIT stuff once more.

	Yes, I think that was it. Thanks.

	Also, checking the slides more carefully I was able to answer
	one of my questions:

	How to declare your processor supports 3 operands instructions ?

		By default the jit generates 3 operands instructios.
		For architectures supporting only 2 operands, add a line

			#define	TWO_OPERAND

		in config/<arch>/jit.h.

	BTW, a comment in config/m68k/jit.h says TWO_OPERAND specify
	your architecture supports 2 operands instructions "rather than one"
	(I guess it was a 'rather than three')

thanks,
	Raffaele