jthread and handleIO(true)

Archie Cobbs archie at whistle.com
Thu Nov 19 12:13:17 PST 1998

Parmelan, Edouard writes:
> > What you have to do is ...
> >
> >  - Open a pipe, which you always select for reading when calling select()
> >  - Don't block signals during select()
> >  - When you get a signal, write a byte to the pipe and return
> As signals are internaly pending in interrupt(),
> we should write in the pipe in interrupts() after marking it
> pending.

I'm not exactly sure what you're asking.. I'm not that faimliar
with the code and what interrupt() does.

The idea is simply to catch the signal, write a byte to the pipe,
and return from the signal handler.

Then when you're ready to handle the next "event", the signal
"event" is waiting for you when you call select().

-Archie