Rmiregistry on Kaffe on "1.0.b2"

Tim Wilkinson tim at transvirtual.com
Fri Oct 9 16:41:37 PDT 1998

I live in hope that when Sun deprecate a method they'll actually stop
using it (they generally don't and it's a pain).

As for a more general position on deprecates, we add them in as we find
them and don't always implement them unless their (a) easy, or (b)
necessary.  This seems like option (b) so please go ahead and send a
patch to provide the functionality, we'll merge it in.

The one deprecate area we're not planning to handle is the old 1.0 event
model - we could of course but it'd bloat our classes and we'd rather
not have to do that to support a 2 year old deprecated method.  Of
course it someone had a clean, simple and above all small way to do it
we'd be all ears ...

Cheers
Tim

--
  Tim Wilkinson                         Tel:     +1 510 704 1660
  Transvirtual Technologies, Inc.,      Fax:     +1 510 704 1893
  Berkeley, CA, USA.                    Email:   tim at transvirtual.com