Problem starting VM from a thread

Godmar Back gback at cs.utah.edu
Fri Oct 30 23:08:47 PST 1998

What thread package are you using?  Kaffe implements its own threads;
very likely that those won't be compatible with what you're using.
You should use gdb and see what's causing the segfault and look at the
stack trace.

You should consider using Kaffe's threading system for your threading,
and have Kaffe use the threading system you're using.  Both might not
be trivial.

These comments mainly apply if what you're using is a user-level
thread package.
If you're using Linux kernel threads (I'll admit I only know them from
hearsay), then we have a bug or at least something we should look at
fixing somewhere:  I'd say Kaffe's internal threading should work with
kernel threads.

	- Godmar