ZipEntry: Memory corruption

Parmelan, Edouard EP510777 at exchange.FRANCE.NCR.com
Fri Oct 2 02:37:24 PDT 1998

Hi Gormar,

Yesterday, I try the Scheme interpreter/compiler
kawa-1.6.55.

After
. a bug in the code-analyse (don't start a new
  basic block after goto, return, ret, <>switch)
  -- patch send to Tim

. a bug in GJC 0.6g (miscompiles the form
  expr ? xxx.CONSTANTSHORT : yyy)

I found a memory corruption with new ZipEntry(name).
To see unreachable basic block I use the kawa option
that save dynamic compiled classes in Zip file.

The following class is extract for kawa and, with my
system (i386, linux-2.1.122, zlib-1.1.2), the output is
# kaffe ZipBug
new java.util.zip.ZipEntry
Kaffe: ./mem/gc-mem.c:254: gc_heap_malloc: Assertion `blk->free != 0'
failed.

Godmar, could you check kaffe_zalloc() vs the GC ?

Thanks,
Edouard
Im a programar^H^H^H^H^H^H^H  |
Iam a programer^H^H^H^H^H^H^H |   The Computer Museum
I'm a programor^H^H^H^H^H^H^H |       Boston, AM
I write code                  | (c) 1995 ComputerGear Inc.
 <<ZipBug.java>>