ProcessTest fails on HP-UX

Pavel Roskin pavel_roskin at geocities.com
Fri Oct 2 07:34:08 PDT 1998

Hello!

ProcessTest fails on HP-UX with following diagnostic:

Caught exception: Resource temporarily unavailable
java.io.IOException: Resource temporarily unavailable
        at java/io/FileInputStream.read(line unknown, pc 00000004)
        at java/io/InputStreamReader.read(52)
        at java/io/BufferedReader.refillBuffer(168)
        at java/io/BufferedReader.readLine(127)
        at java/io/LineNumberReader.readLine(78)
        at ProcessTest.main(39)

If I add "Thread.sleep(2000);"  to ProcessTest.java before "String s =
r.readLine();" the test passes. I don't know whether we should add some
delay in ProcessTest.java or introduce some waiting in the libraries.
Both options look ugly :-(

Pavel Roskin