Problem with vmargs.exit

Patrick Tullmann tullmann at cs.utah.edu
Wed Oct 21 16:08:52 PDT 1998

First, let me say that this work is exceedingly cool!

Senthil Kumar wrote:
> > time Kaffe pizza.compiler.Main hello.java

But, there must be a better benchmark than just compiling helloworld.
My guess is that recompiling a chunk of (if not all of) the core java
libraries (e.g., java.lang.*) would provide a better data point.

Still, though, considering how little is done in compiling helloworld,
I am amazed at the 20% speedup (case 4) you did get out of Kaffe...

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann at cs.utah.edu
     "VR Cows are a medium rarely well done." -- someone in c.g.a