Pizza works incorrectly under HP-UX

Pavel Roskin pavel_roskin at geocities.com
Wed Sep 30 12:56:00 PDT 1998

Hello!

This code gets miscompiled on HP-UX:

========================
import java.lang.*;
class Test1 {
                System.out.println( (double)2 );
        }
========================

If I compile following file using Pizza 0.39e and latest Kaffe I get "2"
on Linux (as one can expect) and "127" under HP-UX.
The problem is in the compiler. If I compile on Linux I get 2 and if I
compile on HP-UX I get 127. Bytecode differs in two bytes:

[proski at zorro jni2]$ cmp -l Test1.class.orig Test1.class

Test1.class.orig is the wrong version (compiled on HP-UX).
Can anybody track it down? I have no source code of Pizza.

Pavel Roskin.

PS. I'm very sorry, my previous message contained
config/parics/common.h, but it has been reformatted by my mailer. Here
is gzipped attachment.