Heuristics for JIT/interpretation

Senthil Kumar skumars at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 16 11:00:33 PDT 1998

Given the ability to intermix JIT/interpreted calls
I was wondering what kind of heuristics could be employed
to determine if a method should be JIT or interpreted?

As some of you might remember, I am working on integrating
the JIT/intrp into one piece. I have got almost everything
working except exceptions. I know how to do it, just haven't
gotten around to integrate it, as yet.

Special thanks to Alexandre Oliva for the
solution. At the time he gave the solution it went *completely*
over my head :-), but now it makes perfect sence.

I have done very minimal testing, of course.

I found the concept and implementation of the trampoline to
be really cool.

Senthil