Building interpreter for linux

Archie Cobbs archie at whistle.com
Sun Sep 13 12:34:40 PDT 1998

Senthil Kumar writes:
> Sorry if this is a very basic question, but how does one
> go about building the interpreter (it builds the translator by
> default) on linux?
>
> This is kaffe 1.0.b1
>
> Also, I am seriously looking into integrating the
> interpreter and the translator into one piece. Is 1.0.b1
> a good place as any to start? With that atleast my code
> base is static.

./configure -with-engine=intrp to get the interpreter version.

You should also get the latest kaffe-snap.tar.gz snapshot
because it has numerous bug fixes since 1.0.b1.

Also, read-only CVS access is available from
:pserver:readonly at cvs.transvirual.com:/home/cvspublic
with password "readonly".

> Further, is there any place where I can get some info
> on the internal workings of kaffe?

The Cygnus web site has a paper describing the garbage collection
scheme in kaffe:

  http://sourceware.cygnus.com/java/papers/nosb.html

Other than that, I don't know of any.. (except the code itself)

-Archie