Compiling kaffe classes

Santoro Corrado csanto at alpha4.cdc.unict.it
Fri Apr 9 00:08:26 PDT 1999

Hi all,
I've tried to recompile the kaffe class library (Klasses.jar) using the
command 'make Klasses', but the compilation raises several exception
during the analysis of Double and Float classes. In detail, these classes
define POSITIVE_INFINITY, NEGATIVE_INFINITY and NaN as a divided by zero
number (public final double POSITIVE_INFINITY = 1.0/0.0), so the
compilation fails. I'm using the pizza compiler provided with Kaffe.

Why this constants are defined in this way ? Is this the same method used
in the `traditional' class library provided by Sun ?

Thank you very much!
  Corrado :)

Eng. Corrado Santoro - PhD Student

Unversity of Catania - Engineering Faculty
Institute of Computer Science and Telecommunications
Viale A. Doria, 6 - 95125 CATANIA (ITALY)

Tel: +39 095 7382365           Fax: +39 095 7382397

EMail: csanto at iit.unict.it