read/write calls inside kaffe

Peter Mehlitz peter at transvirtual.com
Thu Apr 15 15:46:16 PDT 1999

> Hm, that means that you have to change the io handlers of the jpeg and gif
> calls backs to use KREAD too doesn't it?

I shouldn't be so fast with my answers :-) Yes, indeed, the libjpeg fread was
the reason why I switched over to fopen. We could resort to read in the file
in java and produce from a buffer (like the URL prod), but that might eat up a
lot of memory. The best soultion seems to be a alternate source method (like
the buffer source thing).

Anyway, I don't want to patch libjpeg for that purpose.

-- Peter