no more gif problem + nice surprise

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Wed Apr 21 21:53:53 PDT 1999

On Apr 20, 1999, Peter Mehlitz <peter at transvirtual.com> wrote:

> Alexandre Oliva wrote:
>> it's the appropriate version.  Then we'll be able to drop the
>> header-file-check hack, which we can't always trust anyway.  If
>> there's no new function in libungif.so.4, we could perform the

> Definitely. The right function would be DGifOpen, which is the
> specific thing we need from the new libungif (the DGifOpenFile isn't
> used, anymore).

Ok, this should be fixed in the CVS tree in a few minutes.  The check
for the appropriate header file will still be performed, though, to
ensure that we don't get weird compile errors if the library path is
properly set to find the newer version, but the include path is not.

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Brasil
{oliva,Alexandre.Oliva}@dcc.unicamp.br  aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}