Algorithm used by BigInteger prime generator?

Alexandre Oliva oliva at dcc.unicamp.br
Thu Apr 22 12:25:33 PDT 1999

On Apr 22, 1999, "John Keiser" <John.Keiser at wcom.com> wrote:

> Incidentally, as long as this method creates random BigIntegers, why does it
> matter what algorithm is used?

Given my Random generator, initialized with the same seed, I should be
able to generate the same sequence of prime BigIntegers on any Java
platform, otherwise WORA falls apart.  That's why the standard Random
class is clearly specified, and that's why the algorithm for random
big prime generation should too.

--
Alexandre Oliva http://www.dcc.unicamp.br/~oliva IC-Unicamp, Brasil
{oliva,Alexandre.Oliva}@dcc.unicamp.br  aoliva@{acm.org,computer.org}