Size of Kaffe

Enno Rehling enno at uni-paderborn.de
Wed Apr 28 09:14:26 PDT 1999

How big is kaffe?

I know, that's a broad question, but I guess this is the right place to ask.
What I'm thinking is, what would be the minimum hardware requirement for
running kaffe, in terms of memory? Say, if I'd strip a few parts like the
awt, rmi, etc.

Would a minimum working set (able to run a console application) run on an
ARM with 2 or 4 MB? And how complex would an applet have to be until it
breaks that barrier?
                                                                 ,  ,
Greetings,                                                      / \/ \
Enno                                                           (/ (/_ \_
                                                                \||  .  \
Dipl. Inf. Enno Rehling -- enno at upb.de                  '~-'--.)__( , )\ \
AG Heiss                -- http://www.upb.de/cs/enno.html     ,'    \)|\ `\|
Uni-GH Paderborn        -- http://eressea.home.pages.de/            " ||   (
Work: Fuerstenallee 11, 33102 Paderborn, fon: +49 (0) 5251 60 67 36   |/
Home: Borkumer Weg 21, 33102 Paderborn, fon: +49 (0) 5251 48 00 29    |  snd