configure problems

jim hopper hopperj at macconnect.com
Wed Aug 11 10:25:49 PDT 1999

Thanks for the response.  i am a bit new to kaffe world if thats not
obvious, but i maintain the mac version of the gnu adacompiler
(gnat).  i guess i assumed i did something so stupid my previous
description would leap out at someone.  but i did look at faq and
archive before sending it and didnt find anything.

with ld problem i get:

checking for ld used by GCC... sed: -e expression #1, char 7: Unterminated
`s' command

for some reason it has trouble with my path
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/powerpc-apple-machten4/2.8.1/ld  as if i supply the
path to the softlink it doesnt have any time finding it.

as to the size, i am doing a native compiler on machten using gcc
2.8.1. thanks for the tip about config.log i had never seen that file
before (sutupid of me i know).  what i get from it for code that
finds the sizes is:

configure:2410: checking size of long
configure:2429: gcc -o conftest.xcoff -g -fsigned-char   conftest.c  1>&5
configure: failed program was:
#line 2419 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"
#include <stdio.h>
main()
{
FILE *f=fopen("conftestval", "w");
if (!f) exit(1);
fprintf(f, "%d\n", sizeof(long));
exit(0);
}

i can compile this program by hand and run it and it gives correct
results, don't knwo why config is rejecting it.

thanks jim