Disembarkation (Re: sysdepCallMethod)

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Tue Aug 24 10:42:33 PDT 1999

In message <v04210101b3e85331871d@[38.31.203.31]> someone
wrote:
> At a recent computer software engineering course in the
> US, the participants were given an awkward question to
> answer.  "If you had just boarded an airliner and
> discovered that your team of programmers had been
> responsible for the flight control software, how many of
> you would disembark immediately?"

This question is the basis of a fairly well-known joke: When
asked the question, everyone but one guy immediately sticks
up their hand.  The instructor incredulously asks the guy
"You would stay on board?"  "Sure!" he promptly answers. "If
my team had written the software, the plane would never
leave the gate!"

(My apologies for the off-topic message: I just couldn't
resist, and couldn't e-mail the anonymous author directly.)

		Bart Massey
		bart at cs.pdx.edu