javax.comm, devel AWT

Barton C Massey bart at cs.pdx.edu
Mon Aug 30 11:55:42 PDT 1999

It looks like the Kaffe javax.comm implementation is lacking
any actual serial or parallel driver: am I understanding
this correctly?  If so, is there any interest in my writing
such a thing?  I need the serial driver for a project I'm
working on.

Also, I have never gotten the CVS tree to build into
something that runs correctly (on my RedHat 5.2 P3/256MB).
It seems to currently work on command-line apps, but bombs
off in the JIT trying to do a putfield when AWT is accessed.
Advice?

Thanks much for any help you can give.

			Bart Massey
			bart at cs.pdx.edu