install errors

Patrick Tullmann tullmann at cs.utah.edu
Tue Dec 14 14:58:34 PST 1999

Archie Cobbs wrote:
> Snapshot or CVS update?  They are different I think.

I should've mentioned that.  CVS snapshot.

> You're Makefile's should have e.g. the patch below.

Yep, they do.

> If this doesn't fix it for you, then there's some other problem.

I think there is.  If the tree is 'clean', then I get an install
command line that contains:
	... -export-symbols-regex ^\([Jj]ava\|kaffe\)_ ...
if its dirty then I get a command without the '\' in it:
	... -export-symbols-regex ^([Jj]ava|kaffe)_ ...

That's really bizarre.  I build into a separate tree from the source.
I can't think of anything else that might be relevant about my setup.
Let me know if you want more info from my setup...

-Pat

Pat Tullmann                                       tullmann at cs.utah.edu
 Indifference may cause the downfall of mankind, but who really cares?